If you are into the HVAC business, you know time is money. Even a small error in this business can cost you a significant loss. Have you ever underestimated the cost of HVAC installation? Did it affect your profits? We guess it did.
This is why implementing the right HVAC estimation system in your business is essential. Adopting the best HVAC estimation software can help balance the cost estimates better and save effort and time.
Choosing the right HVAC estimating software solution is essential in deciding your business profit.
This article has listed seven HVAC estimating software with their features, pros, and cons. Give it a read and adopt the ideal HVAC service estimating software that suits your business size and budget. Let’s get started now.
Top HVAC Estimating Software Solutions
In-detail Review of 7 HVAC Estimating Software Solutions
1. Housecall Pro
Housecall Pro, a field service software, can simply take your business to the next level by making the dispatching, estimating, and bookkeeping tasks much easier.
Currently, this cloud-based software is trusted by over 25,000 home service companies for the excellent features it has been providing.
It instantly offers customizable estimates about service and allows HVAC service professionals to save time by accessing which jobs can be estimated virtually. Though it is pricey, it will help your field service businesses organize and run better.
It can be used as a browser-based software and as an application and suits industries like HVAC installation and maintenance, plumbing, and similar professions.
Key features of Housecall Pro software that make it the best estimation software in the market include
- The scheduling feature can be customized, and the scheduling calendar can be toggled between day, week, and month.
- Predicts circumstances and curates reliable invoices, which is one of its best strengths. It also creates multiple estimate options and tracks estimates awaiting approval.
- Allows to access the customer database quickly from a browser or phone and also adds custom descriptions of services for customers.
- Send or schedule custom estimates with one click anywhere, keep track of past estimates, and allows edits.
- Way less complex.
- Free 14-day trial.
- Doesn’t overwhelm users with unnecessary features.
- Creates invoice templates in a breeze.
- Accurate information exchanges.
- Limited customer support.
If you are looking for intuitive software that is smart and adaptable to any business and can automate everything from first customer contact to getting paid, then mHelpDesk is the ideal tool to help you out.
mHelpDesk is designed for field service businesses such as HVAC repair and installation, landscaping, plumbing, etc.
Its scheduling and estimating features can help you control your everyday business tasks more swiftly and accurately. This software suits large businesses, and the pricing can be overwhelming if you own small businesses or just starting out.
Some of the best features of mHelpDesk are
- When many estimation software out there expects users to adapt to their design, mHelpDesk simple design guides you on how to use its features so that your HVAC technicians will find it easy to use.
- Smooth scheduling and invoicing feature: You get clear information on invoices that are in draft, sent to the client, and how many are overdue.
- You can create a new invoice using a button and distinguish it from the rest of the screen.
- The routing feature helps you to track the employee’s location using Google Maps.
- Drag-and-drop calendar design makes your administrivia easy for both employers and employees.
- Its work order management feature in the desktops version displays the day’s job in two places, the home screen, and the scheduling tab.
- User-friendly interface.
- Excellent customer service.
- Easy to access scheduling system.
- Value for money.
- No free version.
- The pricing structure could be better.
Jobber is another enticing software tailor-made for home service businesses like HVAC, plumbing, electricians, landscapers, etc., and it excels with its efficient scheduling, estimating, and billing processes.
This field management software assists you in managing and streamlining the critical work in your business. Its impressive features like work order management, GPS routing, and tracking can automate the micro-work that can consume time and bring down your business.
If your HVAC employees working onsite receive instructions and orders only from the central office, then get Jobbler software to stay organized and get things done quickly and efficiently.
Jobber is among the big players in the field service management software market, and it boasts incredible features that include:
- Billing and invoicing on the desktop version appear solid with its in-depth details.
- With the time tracking feature, its scheduling module allows users to quickly update any job/task in real-time.
- The scheduling tool helps HVAC service professionals provide estimates, installation, and repairs in one place. So you can easily close deals with an accurate estimation and save time.
- Jobber mobile app is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Routing is made simple with Jobber with the help of Google Maps. By clicking on the pin-drop icon on the screen, the employee route gets laid out.
- Jobber’s in-app time sheet paves the way for an easy clock in and clock out.
- Free training with a 14-day trial.
- Fast and accurate tool.
- Simple and easy work messenger.
- Customer service is good.
- Accessible pricing structure.
- A unique way of organizing contacts, work orders, and other features.
- Desktop version features and in-depth are overwhelming.
With a robust cost estimating feature, FieldEdge has become one of the best choices for HVAC estimation software.
This field service management software is ideal for home service contractors in HVAC, plumbing, and more industries. It is accessible from both offices and the field.
So, HVAC technicians can now access their items, services, tasks, and materials using their mobile app. Also, this software has optimal features to manage tasks like routing, billing and invoicing, scheduling, and dispatching all in one program efficiently.
FieldEdge software is ideal for large companies. So, if you are managing multiple field technicians, this software can be your ready-to-go HVAC field management and estimation software. Meanwhile, if you don’t own an extensive inventory and manage a team of fewer than 20 people, this can’t be your ideal one, and the price point can sound immense.
A few features that make FieldEdge the best option for estimation and field management software are:
- The work order management feature stands out. A new work order gets automatically placed whenever a customer calls, helping the front-line employees organize and schedule the calls.
- Real-time integration with QuickBooks helps in avoiding double data entry work.
- A smart dispatch board helps analyze if the technicians have the right skills to do an assigned job.
- You can increase your average ticket size using FieldEdge’s customizable presentation tool.
- Save office staff 20+ hours with the service agreement management feature.
- The visual interface is very helpful.
- The app prompts help technicians.
- Customizable forms.
- Has no routing feature.
- No downloadable free demo.
What’s more enticing than an easy customizable field service management software that simplifies your estimation, invoicing, job scheduling, and dispatching processes a breeze? Well, ServiceTitan is one such powerful and top-rated field service management software.
Though it lies on the pricey side, it has the strong potential to level up your company’s business and, in our case, the HVAC business. ServiceTitan acts as both residential HVAC estimate software and commercial HVAC estimate software for HVAC businesses.
This feature-rich software is well-suited to manage HVAC or plumbing companies with large operations. It can help companies streamline their day-to-day operations and thus boost customer satisfaction.
Since this cloud-based platform has a strong sales component, it allows HVAC technicians to make presentations to clients on-field and close deals on the spot. However, it lacks customization options for timesheets, and too many features can be too much for small businesses. Otherwise, this HVAC estimating software is a good-to-go option.
Some of its notable features are:
- It allows you to schedule future jobs, view them months in advance, and get an idea of where you have committed your HVAC technicians.
- The software itself handles dispatching when the scheduled jobs arrive.
- With comprehensive reporting inclusions and mobile modules, users can carry out field operations, improve efficiency and revenue, and save money and time.
- Users can automatically get the customer’s details on the screen when they connect over a phone call.
- Its booking and dispatch notifications show customers when to expect the technician to arrive
- You get a breakdown of how much revenue is generated by ads or other marketing methods.
- Robust and efficient software.
- QuickBooks integration needs some fix.
- Expensive When compared to market competitors.
- Cost-prohibitive for small businesses.
- Loaded with too many features might seem heavy for some.
6. Service Fusion
Service Fusion is a good choice if you are looking for a simple job management solution for your field service industry business. Currently, more than 6,000 service contractors trust this software and utilize it for its one centralized system.
It can handle the common field service business tasks such as scheduling, dispatching, estimating, invoicing, billing, customer management, and more efficiently.
But its work order management feature makes it the ideal software for your estimation process. When you click the create job option, the software shows you various facts about a job, especially the estimated duration and time window.
You can pick Service Fusion if you have numerous employees in your company but only need basic features to manage them. The standard plan would be sufficient in this case.
We recommend Service Fusion as an HVAC estimation software for its amazing features and makes your job management solution easy.
- It automates field service business tasks such as estimating, invoicing, billing, and finding a customer’s location.
- Straightforward billing and invoicing features help you generate an invoice with a single click and send it over mail. The best thing is you can also track if the customer opens the invoice mail.
- Its simple customer database allows you to enter information such as a referral source, default currency, and taxes required for each customer.
- Its mobile app has a simple yet more modern user interface than the desktop version. It best suits the HVAC jobs where your technicians can learn how to use the technology and help them manage a workflow.
- Track your technician’s location and get updated every few minutes with its routing feature that uses GPS tracking.
- Ease of use.
- Basic UI design.
- The good pricing structure for large companies.
- Automates crucial business tasks.
- The desktop version can be better.
- Lacks a reasonable pricing structure for small teams.
Field service companies often find it hard to streamline their business tasks. If you are into a small service business like HVAC or plumbing you have to perform multiple tasks. Such as scheduling jobs quicker, curating mathematically accurate estimations, and getting paid faster. To perform all these tasks quickly and effectively, we recommend choosing FieldPulse.
This software manages customers, creates estimate or invoice documents, schedules or dispatches technicians for small businesses, and helps you grow and save time and money.
It is often hard to explain to customers what your pricing structure is and exactly what each job requires. To ease this, FieldPulse has simple invoice templates for labor rates, common supplies used and the different HVAC equipment installed. This HVAC estimation software can help in completing HVAC jobs quickly.
HVAC technicians can draft their complex estimates and invoices in the software and send them to HVAC contracts for instant approval.
Some of the essential features are
- It allows you to create your custom pipeline for your customer process and track opportunities.
- The purchase order feature allows you to create a purchase order instantly linked to your jobs, projects, or invoices.
- Create, edit and upload your contracts to the clients using the FieldPulse app.
- Collect e-signatures on custom forms, contracts and uploaded PDFs and upload the documents to customer records and store them safely.
- This software automatically calculates your material costs and quantity required based on job duration and timesheet totals and calculates subtotals and taxes accurately.
- Autogenerates the estimates in PDF and shares them with the concerned without the need to leave the FieldPulse app.
- Free 7-day trial for application.
- Reasonably priced job management software.
- Works across multiple devices.
- Project management processes are ideal for small and medium-sized businesses.
- In some aspects, the design seems a bit clunky. It could be made a bit easier to navigate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are mechanical and HVAC estimating software?
The HVAC mechanical estimating software includes built-in easily customizable mechanical, plumbing, and piping assemblies. They help in streamlining the business tasks and make it easy to operate.
This software helps estimate takeoffs, labor costs and generates extensive HVAC mechanical labor and material reports.
Also, it cuts down costs, reduces estimating time, and also helps in getting your bids.
What are the common features of mechanical and HVAC estimating software?
- It allows faster takeoffs.
- It helps to curate more accurate bids and more jobs and income.
- Comes with integrated spreadsheets.
- Estimates materials and costs.
- Improve collaboration with field and estimating team.
What are the top reasons to use cloud-based HVAC estimating software?
The best HVAC estimating software helps HVAC contractors streamline estimation processes and improve performance. Some important reasons to use cloud-based HVAC estimating software are it helps in team collaboration, access the software anywhere, anytime, and on any device, and lowers the total cost of ownership.
How fast is the HVAC industry growing?
The HVAC industry is growing quickly, and by 2026, the US labor bureau expects a 15% increase in jobs in this industry. So to level up the business, HVAC contractors are adopting different technologies to streamline their business processes. One such crucial HVAC task is estimating process. Using the best HVAC estimating software, one can curate accurate estimates and save time, and money, and grow their business exponentially.
Apart from curating estimates for the services, HVAC software allows users to gain access to instant details about customers, store their details, send job reports, boost the quoting pipeline, and manage workflows in one software.
In short, it streamlines every task. It helps the HVAC contractors stay in touch with their employees on-site, provide an instant estimate of jobs for customers, and close more deals. We hope our review of the best estimation tools helped you pick your ideal HVAC estimation software.