The US HAVC services market is expected to touch $82.5 billion by 2026, so the HVAC industry is on an upward curve.
Imagine this scenario where you got a crucial HVAC service order. But the HVAC technicians haven’t reached the onsite as they couldn’t find some tools and equipment in the inventory since it is cluttered.
Sound frustrating, right? HVAC inventory management is an important part of the business, and managing it is vital. However, if you are managing it manually, it can be tiresome and time-consuming.
This is why you need to invest in the best HVAC inventory management software to keep your inventory organized and track every item without human error. The advantage here is that most software comes with field service management features to help track your employee and simultaneously help them curate invoice bills and get connected to the office quickly.
In this article, we reviewed seven effective HVAC inventory software that can greatly improve your HVAC job and simplify it.
What is HVAC Inventory Software?
HVAC inventory software helps you to manage your HVAC inventory. It enables you to track the items in your warehouse, gives you details on the available stock, and alerts the concerned if any item is running out.
It also gives date reminders from all their locations and reminds them what needs to be ordered. The inventory software for HVAC business helps both small and big businesses, regardless of size. This software is considered a helpful tool for HVAC managers.
Other benefits of HVAC inventory are
- Generates useful reports about the warehouse, the products, and the company
- Avoids stockouts and excess stock
- Reduces the risk of overselling
- Better inventory accuracy
- Makes the warehouse more organized
- Gives insights on what products sell and what don’t
- Improves productivity and saves time
In-Detail Review of Top HVAC Inventory Software Solutions
Workiz is a cloud-based platform ideally designed for small- and mid-sized businesses and professionals to help them enhance their operational workflows by managing to schedule, invoicing, customer interactions, and much more quickly and accurately.
This software offers complete visibility and control over various parts of your business and helps increase revenue and productivity. When compared to other inventory and field service software, 94% of the users have labeled it user-friendly.
Though it has multiple features, this software is widely known for its efficient scheduling, accounting and finance management, and accurate dispatching features.
Notable features of Workiz
- Its syncs with quick books and allows you to track sales tax without hassle.
- Automatically generates invoices and collects payments in the field. A backend payment processing feature is also available.
- Helps manage client information, location, service history, payments, and other details for reference and easy access.
- Tracks staff in real-time and eases their work by optimizing routes with live location and a map overview of jobs.
- Easy-to-use software
- Ideal for both inventory management and field service software
- Customer support is responsive and helpful
- Allows any number of customization
- The live scheduling feature needs improvement
Pricing: Standard plan costs $45
Managing the HVAC inventory is quite hectic, especially during peak seasons. You need to complete more jobs quickly, streamline operations, and at the same time increase profitability. If you are an HVAC contractor looking for productive inventory management software that meets the above needs, then FieldEdge is the best software for HVAC inventory.
FieldEdge’s software is designed to multi-task, such as billing and invoicing, routing, scheduling, and dispatching in one package. Thus, it helps the HVAC contractors to connect every part of their business with its powerful system.
This solid software is the ideal choice for large HVAC businesses as it offers support and huge customization features that are a great option for HVAC companies with many employees. It also favors small businesses, but the extra features and the price point could be overwhelming.
Notable Features of FieldEdge Software
- Saves 20 hours/week of your HVAC staff with its QuickBooks integration.
- Its mobile application gives all the necessary information to provide great customer service and hassle-free on-site service.
- It estimates and provides an invoice for jobs from the job site using a mobile app.
- Has an all-in-one dashboard with service agreement management, reporting, and marketing capabilities.
- Comes with a smart dispatch board for scheduling and dispatching.
- Offers huge customizations
- Accessible from anywhere
- Its applications guide technicians in helpful ways
- Uploadable price book
- It estimates and provides invoices for jobs from the site using a mobile app
- FieldEdge doesn’t provide a free trial or a free downloadable demo
- Not ideal for small HVAC businesses
- No GPS tracking feature
Pricing: $100 per office user + $125 per technician/month
Commusoft is a reliable, easy-to-use, all-in-one workforce service management software that enhances productivity and profitability by effectively managing HVAC, plumbing, and electrician businesses.
It helps you manage multiple things like customer database, quotations, jobs, certificates, and invoicing without any hassle. The best part is it quickly integrates with popular accounting software like QuickBooks, Sage, and Xero and simplifies the job.
If you plan to upgrade from paper-based workflows to digital operations, then Commusoft can be the ideal HVAC inventory management software you are looking for.
Notable features of Commusoft
- Flexible scheduling: Seamless communication between the office, technicians, and customers.
- Scheduling and dispatch: Technicians can create invoice from both office and field when the job is done, send it to the customer, and claim the payment.
- Eases communications by allowing users to send job confirmations, job reports, completed forms, and invoices to customers instantly via email or SMS.
- The Work Order Management feature helps maintain a detailed record of past and future appointments.
- Flexible scheduling
- Effective communications
- Ideal for mid-size businesses, small businesses, freelance, nonprofit, and government
- Good customer support
- Offers free trial
- The mobile app needs to be more user-friendly
Pricing: $59.00 per license per month
ServiceTitan is an all-in-one cloud-based platform ideally designed for residential and commercial field service businesses. It helps increase revenue by managing your team and sharing real-time insights, and thus it can be your ideal inventory software for HVAC business.
This easy-to-use software combines scheduling, dispatch, invoicing, sales, marketing, and more in a mobile, cloud-based platform.
Currently, this software is trusted by over 100,000 professionals as it incorporates the finest practices to manage businesses efficiently. So it can be also used as your HVAC inventory management software.
Notable Features of ServiceTitan
- Tracks technicians’ sales performance automatically, and leaderboards are maintained to motivate them.
- ServiceTitan mobile app allows technicians to access their jobs, view driving directions, generate invoices, process payments, and collect customer signatures.
- Allows monitoring phone call conversions of staff to identify who needs training. It also reviews unbooked calls to recognize missed opportunities.
- Simple user interface
- Top-notch customer support
- Reliable and responsive
- Value for money
Pricing: $398 per month
Sortly is your ideal companion to manage your inventory if you are a small business owner. Though originally created as an app, it has advanced into a powerful inventory management software solution. This software solution offers advanced features such as barcode and QR scanning, inventory alerts, stock tracking, and more.
Small business owners mostly use it to offer the perfect solution to manage their inventory and people. It is also adopted at the enterprise level by department stores, universities, and healthcare systems.
This software offers a monthly subscription for its services and customer support via email and phone.
Notable Features of Sortly
- You can access the software via mobile, tablet, or computer.
- Supervisors can easily track the activity of users in charge of inventory functions.
- Inventory items can be segregated based on category, condition, and location. Users can use any number of custom fields to provide more detail.
- You can set alerts to notify overstock or low stock where the notifications can be sent via smartphone or email.
- Excellent reputation
- Fairly priced
- Great for starting a new inventory
- Software is ideal for field and stock room employees
- Customer support is average
- Doesn’t integrate with other inventory management software
Pricing: Basic plan starts with $25 per month
Suppose you have an unorganized small business that mostly involves field services and in-house employees like HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire & line safety, etc. In that case, ServiceFolder can help you organize your business.
This robust field service management tool provides a web and mobile application tool that can help manage the team in terms of performance, execution, scalability, security feature, and customer support. It eliminates the need for paperwork and creates a pipeline of customer and business-relevant tasks in an organized manner in real-time.
It comes with some exclusive features such as asset management, automated SMS/email, and job-specific photos/notes. And also features an inbuilt inventory tracking facility that maintains stock details.
Notable features of Servicefolder
- It runs advanced reports in seconds.
- It offers a perfect solution for inventory tracking.
- Invoicing and accounting is made error-free by integrating job tracking software like QuickBooks.
- Increases customer satisfaction with the service technician scheduling, job tracking, and service agreement management features.
- Automatically tracks every job and customer interaction and provides detailed information on invoicing and payment for each service.
- Increases customer satisfaction
- Enhances productivity and profit
- Simple and easy to use
- Saves times
- Lack of customization
Pricing: $6.70 per month
With numerous HVAC inventory management software in the market, you can easily get into complications by stepping into customization and reinventing the software, and paying more.
FieldTech is designed as an all-in-one software solution to run your business without fuss. It helps quoting, scheduling, time tracking, inventory management, and much more at a reasonable price.
One of the advantages is that it quickly integrates various other software and provides solutions for all your business management problems in one place, thus optimizing workflows.
You can run your business faster with fieldTech when you have Zoho as your hub. So the pricing changes concerning the integration of the Zoho account.
Notable features of FieldTech
- Its inventory management software helps you manage the buying and selling of all inventory, either specific to a job or for stock.
- The equipment tracking feature ensures your assets are in the right place on time.
- Employees can track time and materials used in a job using the job costing feature.
- FieldTech field service time tracking module helps in tracking time against work orders for employees and crews.
- Amazing customer support
- Highly customizable without fuss
- Simple to use
- Value for money
- Reports aren’t generated in multiple formats
Pricing: Basic plan starts at $150/mo
Frequently Asked Questions
How does HVAC track inventory?
The best way to track inventory in the HVAC business is to use a simple, robust inventory management software system.
With this type of management software, you can:
- Know what parts are required for an HVAC job and make sure to keep them in the van
- Remove clutter and optimize the inventory
- Track the purchase orders and costs to avoid unwanted ordering
- Track user activity
- Generate inventory reports
What is the software used in inventory control?
Inventory control software is used to manage the different aspects of a business, such as purchasing and vendor evaluation, order optimization and demand prediction, and much more. So it helps in keeping a production-focused business running smoothly.
Some recommended software for inventory control are:
- QuickBooks Online
- Fishbowl Inventory
- Zoho Inventory
How much does HVAC software cost?
The HVAC software pricing starts from $10/month to a maximum of $40/month. This pricing depends on the functionality level and the number of uses needed. Though subscription-based pricing is widely preferred and adopted for SaaS products, you can also buy this HVAC software at a flat one-time cost and save money.
What is mobile HVAC software?
The HVAC software available as a mobile application is called mobile HVAC software. When installed on your mobile, you get the same facilities as your PC, and you can access every feature in your handheld device to access custom forms, update work orders, add notes, and do other things quickly. In short, you can manage your business more efficiently from anywhere.
Why do we need inventory management software?
The HVAC business needs inventory management software to help the business owners and company become aware of which and how much stock to order at what time. It also ensures enough stock to deliver customer orders and gives low stock alerts to the concerned.
What are the four types of inventory management?
There are 4 types of inventory management: work-in-process, maintenance, repair and operations, and finished goods.
HVAC companies can now manage their inventory management system without any hassle using the best HVAC inventory software. Keeping track of employees via field management software and tracking the inventory items for overstock or understock using software for HVAC inventory management helps level up your business quickly.
The best thing is that you can save time, effort, and errors in HVAC business and get instant access to the inventory with the right management system.